Personal Bio: I was never the tallest dude on the block nor I bagged the gold medals by scoring high marks in the exams nor I was the fastest kid. While growing up, I shared 320 Sq ft apartment and bathroom with my siblings, parents and grandmother. I grew up in a small town that was right next to the 3rd largest slum in the world. So, poverty was not a novelty for me. I know what it feels like to be an outcast and denied and ignored. English was my 2nd language. I am an immigrant who came to US over 20-years back with a leap of faith and aspirations to get a higher education.
Little by little, everything adds up. It is up to us whether we succumb to it or turn into an asset.
I believe that the kinds of scarcities I experienced and the circumstances I grew up in created a huge advantage for me to achieve. I had the world’s best parents and world’s best siblings who instilled the values like work-ethics, compensating for lack of money by showering love, treating other people with respect, giving your best without complaining, and possessing a good character.
I have seen both sides and it has allowed me to create unique perspective towards life, success, failure, and winning. I truly appreciate every little opportunity life has offered to me.
- Disrupt or Die is today’s new mantra. It requires knowing the ropes in understanding the nuances beyond idea gestation or conception phase. Makarand knows those ropes.
- Makarand Utpat is credited with expanding the competitive positioning and profitability of SMB organizations by unlocking their digital capabilities and technology potential.
- Throughout his career, he has brought the vision, leadership, and sustainable value growth by rallying teams and delivering results.
- Makarand, regarded as the turnaround expert, gets called in to execute game-changing turnarounds on stalled programs, in-flight projects, and new initiatives.
- Makarand also believes in another mantra “Life is about possibilities and not problems” and “Making the most out of every situation” and has guided and directed individuals and teams. He’s sometimes known as the horse whisperer for people.
- Makarand is a co-founder of 2 nonprofits and also sits as the executive board of directors on nonprofits in New Jersey/ NYC area. Through one of the nonprofits he is part of, the nonprofit has raised more than $20,000 and donated it to the needy charities, social causes, and children school education for tribal communities.
- Makarand considers himself blessed to get an opportunity to learn from the world’s topmost digital influencers and thought leaders.
- Makarand Utpat is a published author (or co-author) of numerous blogs, vlogs, press releases, white papers, and books to his credit.
- Most recently, he shared the book space with a who’s who list of CIOs and CEOs such as Facebook CIO Tim Campos, Pizza Hut CIO and Digital Officer Baron Concors and other thought leaders for a chapter he authored in a book called “The Chief Information Officer’s Body of Knowledge”.
- In addition, Makarand was recently recognized as the best-selling author for a new book “Ignite Your Life” he co-authored with personal success expert and sales and marketing thought leader and his mentor Mr Brian Tracy.
Media Accolades, Mentions, and Awards:
- Makarand Utpat has appeared on business television show airing on NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX affiliates and was interviewed as an expert in leadership, digital marketing and social media branding.
- Additionally, he has been quoted in the press releases of CEOWorld.biz, Daily Herald, WallStreetSelect news, and International Business Tribune.
- Makarand appeared on Brian Tracy TV show and was interviewed by the legendary sales and marketing expert and inspirations to tens of thousands of people Mr Brian Tracy.
- Makarand was selected as one of the America’s PremierExperts™ in 2015 and is also a Quilly Award winner.
Non-biz fun facts about me:
- I love watching action movies and suspense thrillers.
- In my spare time, I play Indian percussion and western drums. I have been blessed to accompany India’s best-known Bollywood actors, celebrities, and singers.
- I am a good cook and can entertain up to 10 guests by cooking authentic Indian curries, rice, and yummy salads that leave their taste-buds wanting for more.
- When combined, my cooking skills and music skills transform an ordinary evening into an extra-ordinary evening.
- I love to watch Food Network Channel and Sci-Fi channel.
- When I am in mood, I sporadically write poems. I’ve been maintaining a private collection.
- I’ve been told by many that I have a gift of bringing out the best in people. Sometimes, they call me “horse whisperer” for people.
- I can never forget the sacrifices my parents made to give the very best to me and my siblings. I am truly grateful for the person they made out of me.
- I have a great supportive wife and loveable kids. When I am out, they are the very reason I like to come back home first.